Here Comes The Dress

My JCrew Wedding Dress on the subway. Thanks Ames!

This is my wedding dress, on route from NYC to Amsterdam! My best mate Amelia, who lives in New York, is posting it over for me. Initially I was going to wear a beautiful lace prom dress from the 50s that I found at Laura Dolls (Amsterdam's go-to for vintage loveliness), however post-baby it just didn't feel right. For one, it didn't even do up at the back. I had no idea my ribs would expand during pregnancy! It also looked a little "matronly" with my ginormous breast-feeding boobies squished into it. And actually it just felt a bit dress-uppy, if you know what I mean.
My favourite brides have worn dresses that looked like something they'd usually wear, so with this in mind, I ordered one of JCrew's pretty gowns. It's a bit of a gamble, and I have no idea what I'll wear if it doesn't fit, but here's hoping. It should arrive in a few days. I'll keep you posted!

Comments

  1. Aw, I hope the dress fits. J. Crew has such pretty gowns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks LeeLee! You're my first commenter! x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts