Uh Oh. I'm Bored.

There. I said it. This baby business is not as enthralling as I'd imagined. Actually it's not that he's not entertaining enough, it's that he's not mobile enough. Despite owning a Maxi-cosi, a Baby-Bjorn sling, a pram, a car and a bakfiets (a bucket bike which can carry the Maxi-cosi in special baby bouncing suspension system), I still feel trapped at home.

It's a combination of dreary Dutch weather and the fact that leaving the house is stressful for the little guy. Whenever we're out people remark at how chilled he is, but actually I think he withdraws. He shuts his eyes until we get home again and then he fusses terribly in the evening, crying and thrashing about when I try to feed him. It makes leaving the house just too much of a bother. But as I keep saying, the kid can't live in a bubble. Right?

One consolation is that this week he's started to smile more often. A great goofy, gummy smile, the kind dudes make when one of their dude friends, who's known for farting, pops one out, right when you knew he would. It kills me.


Dude-smiles

Comments

Popular Posts