Escape From Amsterdam

While David is on a shoot in Antwerp, Cal and I have Gone Country. We're staying in Buren for a few days with David's lovely parents. It's so nice to see them enjoying the everyday baby stuff like nappy changes, baths and bedtime cuddles. It's also a bit of a holiday for me to get out of our neighborhood. Yesterday we visited Opa while he was working in the orchard, raided a really awesome op-shop with Nan and scored a bunch of cute vases for the wedding table. And best of all this morning I had a bath. I am bonkers for a bath and haven't had one in about a year. So while Cal slept I had a good long soak and contemplated the changed meaning of 'luxury' when you become a mother. These days shaving my legs and brushing my teeth for longer than a New York minute qualifies as indulgence, so an hour on my own in the bathroom this morning has left me giddy with joy.
Bath time
Makes me happy
View from the bathroom window 

Comments

Popular Posts