Sleep is for Suckers

Cal seems to be transitioning from one sleeping pattern to another, which now means very little napping (a few 20 minutes cat naps tacked onto the end of a feed while he's still latched onto me) and a new much later bed-time of 8.30pm, which I'm not super-thrilled about as it means I only have about an hour to myself before I go to sleep. Yesterday evening after another hour and a half of trying to put him to sleep I finally threw in the towel and asked David to take over. I poured myself a jumbo-sized glass of pinot grigio and went and found the closest sunny spot outside, which meant sitting on a cushion on the gutter between two parked cars. Not a very glamorous way to end the day. When the sun disappeared I went back upstairs and the little monkey was up and playing happily on our bed with David. GRrrrrr. More wine. In the end he ate dinner with us and went to bed without too much fuss but I do feel a little bit ripped off that I suddenly have even less time to myself. Yesterday during one of his "naps" (lying in bed kicking and giggling) I took this picture as a piece of scientific evidence demonstrating how sneaky nature is to make them so darn cute when they're being so naughty.
Oh great, you're here. Wanna play?

Comments

Popular Posts