Our Apple Orchard Wedding - Part 2

Sneaky wine and kisses before the wedding

This week we got our professional wedding photos back and we're pretty in love with them. We asked our photographer Sjoerd to try to capture the day with a documentary-style vibe - so no posed photos. We think he did a brilliant job, in fact we hardly even saw him during the day as he hung right back with a long paparazzi lens! BUT, the only down-side to this brief was that I don't have as many pictures with my family as I'd have liked, but thankfully my little brother brought his camera and took some really beautiful shots too. I'm so glad we had photography at the top of our list of wedding day must-haves. It's true that the day goes so fast and to be able to go back and spend time appreciating things like moments you weren't there for, food you hardly tasted and beautifully dressed guests you wish you'd had more time to admire is lovely. One of my best mates also videoed the whole thing and I can't wait to watch our vows, cause I can hardly remember what we said to each other! I'm told it was pretty nice though, and that the orchard got a good hosing from all the crying. At the time I had no comprehension of people in the audience, I really felt it was just the two of us which was good, because I'm a bit shy and had definitely been a bit nervous about getting up there in front of everyone. 


David and I were wondering whether it would indeed be "the best day of our lives!!!". We were both dubious because we have lots of great days together where we say to each other- that was a good day!  And it turned out that this was absolutely another one of them. We both had so much more fun than we imagined. Not that I didn't think it'd be fun, but I thought it would be more stressful than it was, and that if everyone else had a good time, that was the main thing. I hadn't factored into it that I would actually have a blast! Arriving at the orchard and seeing all our guests sitting on bales of hay in the sunshine listening to the jazz band was a particular highlight. We looked at each other and just couldn't get over the fact that we'd pulled it off - an outdoor wedding on a glorious sunny summer's day in Holland! Our whole engagement I had told David that I didn't care about the weather (when secretly I did, but didn't want to say it and pressure the weather gods any more than David already was). So watching all our guests, girls in floaty summer dresses, guys in suits and sunglasses, drinking cocktails in the sunny orchard was just brilliant - a real 'holy shit we pulled it off' moment. Everything after that was gravy, as they say.

My brother Simon putting the finishing touches on Cal's wedding outfit
Dutch port - responsible for some very silly dancing later that night 
David and his best friend and one of our celebrants Jurgen
Last minute dress modifications
The kitchen 
Here comes the bride
No idea who I was talking to here



David's parents' magical apple orchard
Gypsy jazz

Our best friends married us
Vodka and apple juice distilled from the orchard last year

Wish I could go back and really taste the food!

Field flower picked locally by David's mum Nicky
Perfect wedding shoes!
Looking down over the orchard, giddy with excitement
The band
Jake, Nik and Andrea looking fiiiine
White roses and field flowers
I luuuurve you baby
David's friends
Not really sure what Jurgen's saying here, obviously funny stuff though..
Caroline and Jurgen joking about passing the mic, just like rappers

David's parents Hans and Nicky
David's vows 

Putting the ring on
Hug from my bestie, Amelia





Walking back to the house






The dinner tent set up in the back garden
Glorious sunshine, still can't believe it!

Comments

Popular Posts