My Husband is Rad

Last week David and I celebrated our three year anniversary with very little to-do. 
Me: Hey babe, it's our anniversary.
Him: How long?
Me: Three years.
Him: Is that all?
Me: Yup.
Him: Mmm, nice.
We didn't go out to dinner or buy each other gifts. This year it didn't feel needed. And it's funny because I consider us champion "celebrators." Nobody can crack open a bottle of expensive wine or find a reason for fancy restaurant reservations like us. Ok, me. But perhaps it was because we're still getting over all the wedding bru-ha-ha, or because celebrating the everyday is less exciting than work successes, which is what we usually make a fuss of. Either way, that was it for this year, but I just want to take the time to state for the record (and for my mum and the other 12 readers from Holland, Korea and Russia who frequent these pages) that My Husband Is Rad. For so many reasons. But this year I'm most proud of him working so hard to Make It Happen in terms of work. Two years ago he quit his job as a copywriter to become a photographer and last week he had a shoot published in Grazia magazine and an offer to be represented by a great agency. Nice one baby.

Comments

Popular Posts