My Job Here is Done

Well, almost.. I know it's not nice to brag, but today our babysitter said that Cal was the "sweetest baby she had ever sat for in all her years." Ha. I haven't been so proud since Juan Antonio Samaranch-or something said that the Sydney Olympics were the best, like, ever. It's not that it's important for me to be The Best. Actually I loathe competition and would most of the time be happier if someone else won if it means that I don't have to get out there and pit myself against others (just ask my mum about all the vomit she cleaned up nights before school athletics carnivals). The reason why I joke that my job here is done is that I'm stoked that I managed to produce a super-social kid. I think of myself as a bit socially awkward and that Cal has superseded me in social grace tickles me pink. I'm sure it's David's genes. He can talk to anybody about anything without secretly worrying if they think his shoes are nice. I'm sure there'll be some extra odds and ends to help out with in puberty and such, but for now, Basta!
So what if his table manners are crap-sticks?

Comments

Popular Posts