The Glow

One of the weirdest things about being pregnant, for me (and also David) was how very normal it was. Your body is no longer yours and you're trench-warfare-type-tired because today you made an ear, or a thumb or a respiratory system or something amazing, but still you're like, yep this feels about right. The whole time I was pregnant I was waiting for that feeling of OMG - the one where The Universe jumps out from around a corner and verily blows your mind. I thought the feeling of being A Mother would come over me like a really bad cold, appearing instantly, coursing through my blood, changing me from one moment to the next (like it does to women featured on this site). But no. I mean it's fun, and overwhelming and adorable and filled to the brim with love, but still it just all feels really normal for me. I don't know how else to describe it. However, what I lack in wonder and awe at this experience, is more than made up by this guy's take on how amaze-balls it all really is.
HOLY SHIT. LEAVES!

Comments

Popular Posts