The Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam

This week Amsterdam's contemporary art museum reopened after being shut for like a bazillion years. The renovations began around the time I moved to Amsterdam and although I never visited the old museum, I have to say, the new one is as impressive as the MOMA or Paleis de Tokyo. Cal and I did the whistle-stop tour, which sped us past as whole heap of Picassos, Kandinskys and Rietveld work. He shouted at a couple of Mondrians and I made a mental note of works for further enjoyment at a later baby-free date. Both the cafe and restaurant look fab and I can't wait to go back there with David for a proper look and a drink, because if I'm honest, wine is a big part of art appreciation for me.
Dutch poster designs
Looking through the upstairs hall to the cafe
Art lover

Just me, some art, and a Giant Baby Head
The Stedelijk "bath-tub"

Comments

Popular Posts