Today's Catch

Today was another one of those epically picturesque autumnal days, cold but sunny with trees flaming in the light and crunchy leaves a-go-go. The type of weather that children's photographers dream about. To make best use of it, Cal and I went to the zoo where I took 150 photos with my new camera. About 1.7 percent of these were in focus and exposed correctly. Who knew focussing was so hard? I guess that's why they say never work with kids or animals. On another note, today was the last day I will attempt to sling my first-born around in the Baby Bjorn. He's now about 10kgs. We had to stop at every 4th bench in the zoo for a rest and after an hour he began to make complaining noises which I can only imagine were related to the pressure on his poor little baby nuts. I'm exhausted tonight, I think it's the sunday blues. I've never had a problem with monday mornings but sundays give me the heebie jeebies, always have. I think it's because shops are shut and you can't buy anything to make you feel better about the week looming. One day I'd like to live in a city where everything's open on a sunday and it feels just like a saturday.
An in-focus giraffe at Artis, Amsterdam's zoo

Comments

Popular Posts