Bring Back The Cuteness

How terrible of me to disappear for two weeks leaving that Resident Evil as the last post. Lucky I wasn't hit by a bus in the meantime otherwise you might have thought I'd jumped under it driven to it by lack of sleep. Actually things are pretty good on the sleep front these days. Since then Cal has been sleeping brilliantly - 12 uninterrupted hours most nights. Which was really wonderful while I was working full-time, I was able to face the 10 hour days almost like a normal person. 

Over these past weeks while working, I discovered that parenthood is like boot-camp. It really does toughen you up. I can feel that my body has learnt how to get more out of the little energy that I have. I've think I've also learnt to 'suck it up' a bit more, with (possibly) less complaining than there used to be, despite the reality that life is exponentially more difficult than it once was. 

So this weekend has been a chance to spend time with Cal and get to know one another again. At one point the other day he stopped what he was doing and stared at me, his eyes moving from my nose, to my eyebrows to my chin, as if he was piecing me back together like a jigsaw in his mind. And I him - while I was away he learnt to shake his head 'no.' I'm not sure he's attached it to the meaning of no yet, it's more like he's grooving to some great song in his head. 

For those who missed him these past weeks, please accept these pictures of Cal as an apology. He really is this delicious and I'll try to stay up to date with reports on any future developments in cuteness. 
Down the pub
For a bite of grub

Comments

Popular Posts