If On A Winter's Day

The snow in Amsterdam is patchy but the promise of seeing it laid thick across the countryside under a cloudless sky was irresistible this morning, so to Buren we went. I'm always grateful that we have such a lovely out-of-Amsterdam destination to visit. I'm a girl who likes to travel with a purpose, even if it's down the Kinkerstraat to get new socks, I need a point to set my compass by, preferably with warm food and strong drinks at the other end. I'm not a wanderer and neither is David. I know that we'd never just jump in the car to go and see the countryside under snow, or in spring bloom, but having David's parents in Buren means that we always have the ultimate destination and there is always warmth, good company and deliciousness waiting for us there.

Comments

Popular Posts