Tick Tock

The other day when I was reading Cal his story about sounds, when we turned to the page about the watch on Grandpa's wrist Cal said, "T-Tt." 
Me: "Um, did you just say Tick Tock?"
Him: "T-Tt."
How curious, I thought. He made a sound just like a clock when he saw a clock. Life is full of fun coincidences. But then when David picked him this afternoon he pointed to the clock on the wall and said, "T-Tt."
I tried it out with the book when I came home from work. I opened to the page with the picture of the watch. "Hey Cal, what's that?"
Oh that there? He pointed to the clock and said, "T-Tt," very matter of factly.
And just like that. The kid speaks. He's been saying mumumumum and dadadadada for a while but more as a general babble and never with as much certainty, or accompanied by pointing (also new this week). So that's amazing. We taught that crazy tiny thing that moved in with us a year ago to speak. Not bad huh?
Tick, tock y'all

Comments

Popular Posts