Enough Already

It is C-O-LD here. It's so cold that I'm going to buy a new deodorant because the one I use has a glass roller ball thingy and every time I use it it makes me wince. There's an ungodly wind that feels like it got straight off the train from Mongolia and its been hissing at the gaps in the windows for days. When you go outside you have to be careful not to open your mouth or you get an instant ice-cream headache. And it makes me cross because we paid good money to escape winter this year. We were meant to arrive back in Holland to spring-jacket weather, not ski-gear weather. And with colds and coughs all 'round we're feeling a little bit over it to say the least.

Last night was a low point. David and I both had mild fevers and just couldn't get comfortable, Cal coughed all night and ended up in bed with us, that bloody Mongolian wind wouldn't quit and then a mouse, presumably driven insane with cold, decided to wedge itself into a tiny gap next to David's shoe drawer and make angry mouse noises. Which made me kind of insane and I got up and started stomping around trying to scare it back into the kitchen (to Cal's amusement) but the mouse wasn't having it and just kept screeching at me. I mean, come on, mice are meant to be quiet.

So enough already March. Ok?
Sick of being sick


Comments

Popular Posts