What is it with kids..?

..They are always flipping sick. Like, every two weeks. At least. And especially when their dads are away on work trips. And often on weekends, which is convenient in the sense that I didn't have to take time off from work, but sucky in the sense that we just spent another weekend on the couch covered in snot.

All weekend Cal's fever has been up and down, along with his mood. Despite being red eared and cheeked, he's been pretty cheerful, except for last night when he was awake and crying between 12 and 4.38am. At 4.39 (when his fever had been down for a few hours but he just wanted to stay up and play) I reached the end of my rope. I plopped him in back in his cot, shut both his and my door and covered my head in a pillow. Mercifully, a minute later he was asleep.

This morning after a decent sleep-in we got up and had pikelets for breakfast, because it's my firm belief that a cup of flour, a cup of milk, an egg and a whole lot of stroop/golden syrup can fix anything.
Making his own fruit juice. You can too, just put all your fruit in your juice..
Cooking with Cal
Cooking with Emma usually involves 3 ingredients
Selfies for David
A hot little couch potato

Comments

Popular Posts