Shhh, We're Opening Presents

I can't bear the idea of Cal being overwhelmed or numbed by all the presents on Christmas morning, and just kicking them aside like some caricature of Christmas greed, so we're tucking into them already.

We began with Maria's Etch-a-Sketch yesterday. He loves it. I love it. We've been doodling madly ever since. David's even had a go. In fact I love it so much that I'm already planning all the drawing and painting classes I'm going to enroll in once he starts big school (because that's when our lives will suddenly be returned to normality, right??)

And then today the postman came at a dull moment during the day. Cal saw me carry the parcel in the door. I guess I could have told him it was rubbish and stashed it in the cupboard, but I'd rather have him enjoy it as the only new toy for a while. Or until the next parcel turns up..

Today's sneaky X-mas pressie is a lovely wooden train with passengers and a driver that go in and out and a train station for them to wait at. He's played with it all afternoon and I've really enjoyed watching him.





Comments

Popular Posts