Cal is Two!

So that was that. A baby no-more. Calzone Macaroni is officially a toddler. Hooray for him, hooray for us! It's no secret that we've been looking forward to this time, we always knew we were going to be the kind of parents to enjoy the talking, walking phase more than the baby daze. And we really are. We're thrilled at the funny, excitable, up-for-anything little guy we got. 

Every week the world as we knew it becomes a little more accessible again. Cafes, travel and outings are beginning to present their pleasures again, rather than just challenges. There's no greater joy than to sit in a cafe with your kid and shoot the shit. The joy of it snuck up on me the other day when Cal and I stopped for a snack at the cafe in the zoo. It admittedly was a very child friendly place, but we ordered, sat, drank, ate and hung out with absolutely no drama. It was relaxing, even. I only realised it had happened a few days later, when I told David. We immediately took him for pizza dinner after kindy, which was less successful, but that could have been the hour. 

But there's light. And there's a tunnel. But, I'm no longer gagging to go cannon-balling down that tunnel. For the first time since his birth I don't fell the need for him to hurry up and grow up. We can linger here a little longer, because he is my sunshine.

Cal darling, I love your morning chatter and songs, and the way you call Mama, Dadda when you're ready to get up. I love that even though you sleep in a "Montessori floor bed", you still haven't figured out that you can get up on your own. I love the Oh-noes! The constant search for everyday conflict. Life is dull without enough Oh noes. And most of all I love how easily you fit into the world. Where jagged edges catch on me, they wash over you. It's all good fun and new adventure. I like that a lot. Don't change babe. Happy Two!
Base jumping off the couch - with fig-leaf

Comments

Popular Posts