The Best Of April

Not getting a job. It took Not Getting A Job to make me realise how great Not Having A Job really is. So congratulations me! I'll admit it stung a little at first, but I wasn't completely married to the idea of the 5 day a week job. So we had some conversations about how we can stretch the money until we both start picking up more freelance work, and now both feel this is the best way forward for us.

Really feeling autumn this year. Amsterdam's autumn this past October was particularly lovely and now Sydney is giving it a run for its money with all this sunshine and mellow fruitfulness. And watching it unfurl from our little house in the garden is really floating my boat.

Working with David on our first shoot together - a project that we're going to shoot in Byron Bay next week. Beyond excited to show David Byron and have a couple nights away.

Reading the Untethered Soul. A book that feels like it was written for me - a person with a pesky voice in her head that Will Not Shut Up. I'm so relieved I came across this book, it's really put a muffler on all the noise in my skull that I thought I'd have to live with for the rest of my life. Totally recommend it if you like easy to read, sensible tips for quieting that monkey-mind as people call it.

And this boy whose questions delight us daily. Now that I'm a full-time employee of Nobody, we've dropped one of his days at kindy and we're going to endeavour to make it a 'quiet day'; one where we focus on being together around the house. Too often - because Cal is so high-energy - we try to all get by by entertaining him with big days out. But I'd like to try something new where we garden, cook, walk in the neighbourhood and find things to do around the house. I'll let you know how it goes..



Comments

Popular Posts