Photosynthesis

Who knows where the future will take us as a family, but right now being in the sun - after such a long time under the low clouds of Amsterdam - feels good. 

When I look back at recent blog posts it seems like so much of my current happiness comes from simple everyday moments illuminated by the sun. Case in point: the warm autumn sun on Cal's body as he wades into the ocean pool at Dee Why. I love seeing his childhood playing out in bold, bright colour. I love that the sun and the sea are soaking into his DNA and I love that he's still intent on swimming any season in any temps (a characteristic surely learned in Amsterdam - there weren't many Aussie kids in yesterday).

And personally I'm sure that all this vitamin D, coupled with the decent sleep we're now getting is responsible for really lifting my mood. I feel lighter in my mind than I have in years.






Comments

Popular Posts