Almost 5, An Interview

Cal and Elara, Clifton Gardens, late December 2016

Hey Cal, what's your favourite thing? 
To give you cuddles and kisses (kid knows where his bread is buttered)

What makes you really scared?
Redbacks - every single spider actually.

What makes you jump for joy?
When you say I can watch TV.

What makes you fall on the ground crying?
No ice-cream.

What do you want to be when you grow up?
A photographer like Daddy. And a writer.

What do you think the best thing about being five will be?
Being taller.

Where's your favourite place?
On a plane, going to visit Oma and Opa.

What do you like to do best with Grandad?
Go on the boat, in the dinghy. Put the anchor down.

And AnneMa?
To the Powerhouse museum. To see the mummies.

What are you really good at?
Tricking Daddy with my Batman costume. (Every day at 4pm he puts it on and we all pretend not to know where Cal has gone!)

What aren't you so good at?
Opening doors with keys.

What's the best thing about out family?
When we all have a cuddle at the same time.

Cal: Aren't you going to ask me about my best toy?
Me: Sure! What is it?
Cal: The Star Wars toy we just ordered online for my 5 birthday! (Laughs maniacally)
...

I love my almost five year old so so much. When I imagined myself as a parent it was always to a kid this age, and later a teenager. It's way more work than my scanty fantasies of parenting included, but just as funny, poignant and adorable as I'd imagined. I'm so lucky to be his mum. Happy Birthday, soon, dear heart Cal. xxx


Comments

Popular Posts