Hello Sweet Stella

Stella Cohen de Lara arrived peacefully via planned c-section on Wednesday the 2nd of January 2019. It was a very calm and quick delivery and she entered the world as a strong, beautifully pink and very hungry little girl. The delivery was everything I had hoped for, and the healing second chapter in my birth stories. 

In a quiet operating theatre staffed entirely by women, I counted to 90 with long deep yoga breaths. 'Here she is! Here's Stella!' said our lovely doctor as she was lifted from me and placed on my chest, wailing robustly whilst her cord finished pulsating. They handed her to David and she was checked in another room and then brought back to me. As I kissed her sweet tiny face and hands she rooted hungrily for her first breakfast. The two of us were then given the once over and taken back to our room where Stella had a feed and David and I had champagne and choc chip cookies.

And that was it! What a wonderful morning. What a beautiful girl. What lucky parents.

Here she is. Here's Stella!
Waiting, waiting...
Everything ready for our sweet girl
Watching TV to pass the time while another c-section went before us
Crying, crying on the way to the delivery room
My lovely doctor holding my hand while the spinal tap takes effect. She and her team created such a peaceful atmosphere in the room.
Yoga breathing my way through the delivery
Between worlds
Birth!
First contact while her chord is cut
Being checked by paediatricians with Daddy close by 
This is what a fully cooked baby looks like! My dream for her come true.
Hello Mum. Hello my girl.
My love
3.074kgs
Lucky girl to have this one as your Dad

Comments

Popular Posts